UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations.
The Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity (CPHCE) is a research centre in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of NSW, closely associated with the School of Public Health and Community Medicine and undertakes a range of research related to primary health care and equity. It is managed by a team of Directors and led by an Executive Director. In addition, the Centre co-manages and jointly funds three research, training and development hubs in three Local Health Districts;
- South Eastern Sydney Research Collaboration Hub (SEaRCH) with South Eastern Sydney Local Health District
- Centre for Health Equity Training and Research Evaluation (CHETRE) with South Western Sydney Local Health District
- Health Equity Research Development Unit (HERDU) with Sydney Local Health District
About the role
- 2 year Fixed-Term, Full time position
- Academic D: $155K – $171K (plus 17% superannuation & Leave loading)
- Role will be primarily based at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown, with some travel across the LHD and to UNSW as required.
The Associate Professor will lead and manage, as Director, the Health Equity and Research Development Unit (HERDU) within the Sydney Local Health District. As one of the Directors of the CPHCE, the Director will make a significant contribution to CPHCE’s research, leadership and administrative functions, and to the academic and research fields of primary health care and health equity.
The Associate Professor & Director of HERDU will also develop and manage a program of collaborative research and evaluation on actions that can be taken by local health systems to improve health and reduce health inequity and support the implementation of evidence within the SLHD through professional and organisational development. The Associate Professor reports to the Executive Director of CPHCE and has four direct reports. Please refer to the attached job description for a detailed list of responsibilities.
About the successful applicant
- You will have Doctoral qualifications in a relevant health or social science area
- Demonstrated working knowledge of primary health care and health equity issues in the Australian context
- A record of outstanding leadership in research and policy/practice units including the strategic and operational management of research programs and staff from a range of disciplinary backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in building organisational capacity to address health, access and equity issues
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience with, community-based health services
- Recognised research leader with a strong related research record as evidenced by publications in relevant journals
- Success in obtaining research and program funding
- Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain successful partnerships and relationships with a range of stakeholders, in particular with health services
- Demonstrated experience in the translation of research evidence into policy and practice, including demonstration of high-level skills in written and verbal communication
Please address the selection criteria from the position description in your application. PD – Associate Professor Director (HERDU) – CPHCE
You must apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Sarah Ford – CPHCE Administrative Assistant
Applications close: 11pm, 28th November 2019