Last modification : Wednesday, July 29, 2020
You will have your own dedicated research project on membranedevelopment, partly pure scientific, partly industry-driven, involving a verybroad international user committee, and is situated in one of the followingfields, depending on the match of your expertise and interest with the projects:
- solvent resistant and solvent tolerant nanofiltration (linked toplastics industry)
- pressure retarded osmosis (membranes and solutes for power generation)
- reverse osmosis and nanofiltration (mosaic membranes for micropollutants)
- redox flow batteries (electrolytes from biological waste)
- gas separation (biogas purification; C2-C3 separations)
- membrane bioreactors (water treatment and algae harvesting)
– Master degree in bioscience engineering, physics, chemistry, chemicalengineering, materials science or nanotechnology with a strong interest in thephysico-chemistry of polymeric and mixed matrix membrane materials.
– Any of followingspecialisations during Master studies or work experience form a bonus:
– Preparation of polymer-based membranes via phase inversion, layer bylayer deposition and/or interfacial polymerization
– Polymer chemistry and polymer physics (in specific related to assemblyof charged polymers and phase separation of polymers and their blends)
– Membrane applications
– Interest in both thefundamental understanding of membrane preparation and in the development of newmembrane applications.
– Team-player, motivated andeager to learn.
– Excellent written and oralcommunication skills.
– Ability to work in aninterdisciplinary, international and collaborative environment.
– Self-motivated, enthusiasticand being able to organise and prioritise own workload.
– Being able to efficientlyachieve objectives and overcome obstacles.
– No-nonsense approach with aneye for opportunities.
- Duration: 4 years
- Starting date: asap
- A position in a stimulating, interdisciplinaryscientific environment, as part of an ambitious, international and dynamicteam, with both academic and industrial targets.
- Access to world-class research facilities(https://set.kuleuven.be/chemtech_nanocentre and https://www.biw.kuleuven.be/m2s/cmacs/research/membrane-technology/research-profile)