OVERVIEW OF RELEVANT AREA AND POSITION SUMMARY
UNSW Medicine is a national leader in learning, teaching and research, with close affiliations to a number of Australia’s finest hospitals, research institutes and health care organisations. With a strong presence at UNSW Kensington campus, the faculty have staff and students in teaching hospitals in Sydney as well as regional and rural areas of NSW including Albury/Wodonga, Wagga Wagga, Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie.
Sydney Brain Centre – UNSW (SBC)
Research in stroke and neuroscience is utterly reliant on developing and using increasingly complex imaging data. The role requires a high-level academic specialist in imaging medicine.
We are establishing a Stroke and Neuroscience research team based at South Western Sydney Clinical School. The team will be heavily focused on brain imaging research. The Brain Imaging Laboratory Manager will be responsible for the academic oversight of the development and implementation of brain imaging research projects, with a focus on clinical trials, but also observational studies designed to examine mechanisms of neurological disease. A key focus will be to provide research expertise around analysis of both MR and CT brain imaging. Complimentary to the AI/machine learning post-doc, this position is more clinically focussed, and will include working along the AI/machine learning post-doc in analysis of imaging data from clinical and observational stroke and neuroscience trials.
The role of Clinical Decision Support Fellow works closely with senior researchers and provide support across several ongoing projects in various areas of the research. The Clinical Decision Support Fellow will drive a research project in the SBC, experimentally support other students and researchers in the group, help define and drive new research directions aligned with the overall goals of the group and the Centre.
The role of Clinical Decision Support Fellow reports to the Imaging Lab Manager and Head of SBC and has no direct reports.
• Play a major role in all aspects of major research projects including management and/or leadership of the SBC research team
• Lead the preparation, research analysis, and produce/contribute to conference abstracts and publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals
• Publish and present research results at academic/industry national and international conferences
• Provide scholarly supervision and mentor undergraduate, honours level and post graduate research students and actively provide guidance on research methods
• Design, develop and lead research ensuring all research is conducted to methodological and ethical standards
• Formulate study design, programmes, and implementation timelines
• Collaborate effectively and maintain strong relationships with relevant researchers within the institution, stakeholders and policy makers and contribute to the teaching program within the field of research expertise
• Develop proposals for national competitive research grant funding
• Complete administrative functions primarily connected to area of research
• Play a role in recruitment of patients in clinical neuroscience trials
• Experience in analysis of CT and/or MR brain imaging analysis
• Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
• PhD in Neuroscience imaging preferably with a clinical focus
• Proven track record in publishing scientific research papers in stroke/neuroscience and demonstrated experience in grant writing and ethics submissions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff, students, management, collaborators, and members of the public with relevant data analysis skills
• Proven ability in working effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team and in supervising technical staff and students
• Demonstrated experience in relevant industry and/or in establishing/maintaining research partnerships with industry
• Experience in neuroscience clinical trial recruitment
• Experience in brain imaging (CT and MR) analysis
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for the opportunity.
Position Description: 00085392 – Level B – Clinical Imaging Fellow – Parsons Group (2).pdf
Talent Acquisition Consultant
e: firstname.lastname@example.org (please apply direct on the portal only, applications sent direct to email will not be accepted)
Applications close: 11:00pm, Sunday the 16th of August
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.