School of Health and Welfare, Executive office
The School of Health and Welfare is one of four schools within Jönköping University and one of the leading institutions in the country for academic studies in health, nursing and social work. We work across disciplines with a focus on practical use. You will work in an organization that gives you skills development and opportunities to be involved and exercise influence.
For educational purposes, the School of Health and Welfare is divided into six departments. The Department of Nursing (AFO) and The Department of Natural Science and Biomedicine (ANB) are now looking to recruit a Full Professor. More information about the department and the School can be found on our website: School of Health and Welfare.
AFO, the department responsible for educating nurses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, employees 40 members of staff, including two Full Professors. Subject-specific teaching as well as education related to scientific methods are included in the curriculum.
ANB is responsible for teaching within the biomedical analyst program, with a focus on clinical physiology and laboratory medicine, radiology and dental hygiene. This department includes approximately 35 employees, including a Full Professor of biomedicine. Subject-specific teaching as well as education related to scientific methods are also included in this curriculum.
In total, there are approximately 1,000 students within undergraduate and advanced level courses run by AFO and ANB.
The Research School of Health and Welfare has a director, research coordinator, three subject area managers and about 50 registered doctoral students.
The Full Professor is expected to actively participate in the development of the school’s new field of research – Preclinical and clinical science. This includes strengthening and developing a lively research group with a focus on innovative ideas and methods. International collaborations are considered advantageous.
As a Full Professor, you are expected to lead the development of relevant research, supervise doctoral students, and conduct your own innovative research linked to clinical science. You will be an active member of the school’s Research Council and, where applicable, other relevant committees and boards.
Attracting external research funding is an important element associated with the position. This includes establishing and developing national and international collaborations. The Full Professor is also expected to take on a mentoring role and support less experienced researchers in clinical science. It will also be important to actively build networks, internally and externally, as well as to help strengthen the school’s interdisciplinary focus. Teaching, supervision and examination at undergraduate and postgraduate levels will be included in the position.
In order to qualify as a Full Professor it is required that the applicant presents a research profile with clear progression after their dissertation. This progression should be demonstrated in terms of breadth and depth in the subject area as well as work that is of a high international standard. You must also demonstrate pedagogical skills through pedagogical development work and / or course development. We expect candidates for the position to show good ability to plan, organize and prioritize work in an efficient and relevant manner and demonstrate an ability to manage resources in a way that reflects the priorities of the university.
Eligibility requirements for holding a position as a Full Professor at Jönköping University can be found in the relevant sections of: The Regulations for Employment of Teachers at Jönköping University.
In addition to the requirements outlined above, eligibility also requires that the candidate should have:
- A relevant and up-to-date scientific portfolio of high-quality publications in clinical science or related fields.
- Experience of doctoral supervision.
- Experience of conducting innovative intervention studies related to clinical science.
- Knowledge of using advance quantitative analysis methods on large datasets.
- Competency in spoken and written English and Swedish. Note: Individuals who do not meet this requirement will be expected to obtain this knowledge in the near future.
- A good ability to collaborate with others, a documented ability to develop research networks and an ability to contribute to a good working environment.
Furthermore, it would be of benefit that you have teaching experience in subjects related to clinical treatment science (at basic, advanced and postgraduate levels).
It would also be considered beneficial if you have:
- Experience in designing and leading innovative, multidisciplinary projects related to digitalization, preferably relating to intervention studies and linked to clinical science or a related area.
- Experience in developing and leading research groups linked to clinical science.
- Experience in international multidisciplinary projects with innovative and theory-driven intervention studies which are linked to clinical science.
- Extensive international contacts, preferably of aninterdisciplinary nature.
- Experience in applying for and receiving scientific grants.
This is a permanent/full-time position with a starting date that is negotiable. The position’s successful applicant will be expected to be physically based in Jönköping, Sweden.
Deadline for application is: March 5, 2020
Your application should include:
- Accompanying letter with information about the applicant
- Letter of intent (max 2 pages) (appendix 1)
- A complete CV including references (appendix 2)
- A certified doctoral degree certificate (appendix 3)
- Certified certificates of completed university education courses (appendix 4)
- A more comprehensive account of the merits that will be assessed by experts (appendix 5a, 5b etc)
- A maximum of ten (10) relevant peer-reviewed publications (appendix 6a, 6b etc.)
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||05.Mar.2020 11:59 PM CET|