Job no: 0049878
Work type: Fixed Term
Division/Faculty: Faculty of Science
Department/School: School of BioSciences
Salary: $72,083 – $97,812 (Level A)
Role & Superannuation rate: Academic – Full time – 9.5% super
About the role:
The J.N. Peters Bequest provides funds for an early career researcher to hold the position of J.N. Peters Fellow in the School of BioSciences in the Faculty of Science. The successful candidate must be working in the field of Genetics or Human Biology or otherwise in promoting the study of those subjects, with special reference to the influence of heredity and environment on human characteristics. Eligible candidates must have an agreement with an academic supervisor to host the research project.
Minimum Qualifications Required: PhD less than 3 years full time equivalent postdoctoral experience
- Skills and Experience required to fulfill the position: Completed a PhD, with less than 3 years (full-time equivalent) postdoctoral experience
- Ability to collaborate with staff in School of BioSciences and Faculty of Science
- A track record of research capability (relative to opportunity) as evidenced by research outputs in leading publications for the discipline and other measures of peer recognition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced by primary roles on publications, invitations to present at conferences and/or articles in the media
- Demonstrated relevance of the research project to the study of genetics and human biology
The School of BioSciences, Faculty of Science and the University of Melbourne’s strategy for Diversity and Inclusion aims to increase the representation of women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and other under-represented groups in our academic workforce. Pursuant to a special measure under Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic), the School, therefore, strongly encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates from these areas. Additionally, we welcome applications from individuals seeking flexible work arrangements.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants who are seeking support in submitting an application are welcome to contact Siobhan Vivian, Indigenous Development Partner in the Faculty of Science at email@example.com quoting position number 0049878.
How to apply:
PLEASE NOTE: in addition to the standard system application fields, applicants are required to please download the attached ‘JN Peters Application Form 2020’ Word document (below), complete the form and upload to the system.