he School of Medical Sciences (SoMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) and Biosciences Buildings on the Kensington campus, but also includes the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick. Website
- 2 x Full-time, Continuing positions available
- Academic Level B: $109,365 – $128,926 (+17% Superannuation & leave loading)
- Based at Kensington Campus, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Drive educational excellence within the Department of Anatomy, School of Medical Sciences, and the Faculty.
UNSW’s Education Focussed roles (EF) enable academics to specialise in education and devote their time to delivering high-quality teaching and pursuing initiatives to enhance the educational experience of our students. Those who are appointed to this prestigious specialism will be expected to successfully drive educational excellence within the university’s teaching and learning communities.
The expected contributions will be 65% education: 35% research and service. EF academics will be encouraged to supervise ILP/Honours/HDR students, to undertake pedagogical or discipline-specific research and submit funding applications, with the approval of the Head of School and Dean.
Please review the attached position description for a full description of the accountabilities and skills/experience required for each level role. Lecturer EF Anatomy PD.
Key Skills and Experience:
- A PhD in a related discipline, and/or relevant work experience.
- Actively stays up to date with discipline knowledge and professional development
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design, development and delivery at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience using and/or designing with educational technologies and online delivery methods
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence (e.g. relevant discipline-based curriculum design and development at a variety of levels and scales)
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry or experience of work-integrated learning (desirable)
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills
- Evidence of ability to support and inspire students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
Contact (for job related questions)
Professor Nalini Pather E: email@example.com
Applications close: 11pm, 4th January 2021.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).