Lunds universitet, MAX IV, Accelerator Developement
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 600 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
MAX IV is a Swedish national large-scale research laboratory hosted by Lund University. It provides scientists from Sweden as well as internationally, with state-of-the-art instrumentation for research in areas such as engineering, physics, structural biology, chemistry and nanotechnology. Fully developed it will receive more than 2 000 scientists annually, conducting ground-breaking experiments in materials and life sciences using the brilliant X-ray light.
The core of the MAX IV facility are three sources of synchrotron radiation: a 3 GeV electron storage rings that provides ultrahigh brightness X rays, a 1.5 GeV ring providing soft X rays and UV radiation and a 3 GeV linear accelerator that serves as an injector to the two storage rings and also generates electron bunches that drive the production of ultra-short X-ray pulses. The MAX IV linac was also designed to be fully prepared to handle the added high demands for an FEL driver.
The accelerator development group at MAX IV is responsible for the development, performance and reliability of the MAX IV accelerators. This recruitment is intended to strengthen the team working with the linear accelerator during the remainder of 2020.
- Participate in, and have duties for operation and commissioning of the MAX IV linac
- Perform theoretical and practical work to characterize pulses in the MAX IV linac
- Participate in the commissioning of Transverse deflecting cavity (TDC)
- Participate in the development of new electron guns and our Gun test facility
- Manage development projects within our accelerator project portfolio
- Experience with accelerator development or operation
- The position requires a MSc degree in Physics or Physical/Electrical Engineering.
- Since this position will involve many contacts with different stakeholders in the organization, the candidate must have very good cooperation skills.
- A very good command of English, both oral and written, is required.
Additional and meriting qualifications:
- – Experience with a TDC
- – Experience with accelerator simulation codes, such as Astra or Elegant
To be successful and perform well in this position you have a thorough and systematic way of working and are quality oriented. You should be risk aware but also solution focused. You have the capability to work independently but you also like to work and contribute to a team.
The employment will preliminary end at December 1st 2020.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As per agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||12.Apr.2020 11:59 PM CET|