Last modification : Wednesday, July 29, 2020
– You will have your own dedicated research project on membrane development, but will also be involved in the daily co-supervision of a group of PhD and/or masterstudents working in your broader field of expertise.
– Your own research project is partly pure scientific, partly industry-driven, involving a very broad international user committee, and is situated in one of the following fields
solvent resistant and solvent tolerant nanofiltration
forward or pressure retarded osmosis
redox flow batteries
– PhD in bioscience engineering, physics, chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or nanotechnology with a strong interest in the physico-chemistry of polymeric and mixed matrix membrane materials.
– Any of following specialisations during Master, PhD or working experience forms a bonus:
– Preparation of polymer-based membranes via phase inversion, layer by layer deposition and/or interfacial polymerization
– Polymer chemistry and polymer physics (in specific related to assembly of charged polymers and phase separation of polymers and their blends)
– Membrane applications
– Interest in both the fundamental understanding of membrane preparation and in the development of new membrane applications.
– Strong publication record in high-impact journals.
– Team-player,motivated and eager to learn.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Ability to work in an interdisciplinary, international and collaborative environment.
– Self-motivated,enthusiastic and being able to organise and prioritise own workload.
– Being able to write research projects and to effectively disseminate outcomes through papers, presentations and patents.
– Being able to efficiently achieve objectives and overcome obstacles.
– No-nonsense approach with an eye for opportunities
- Duration: 1 year,extended for at least 2 more years after positive evaluation. In parallel, scholarshipswill be applied for via additional funding opportunities during your stay oreven already before arrival.
- Starting date : asap
- A position in a stimulating,interdisciplinary scientific environment, as part of an ambitious, internationaland dynamic team, with both academic and industrial targets.
- Access to world-classresearch facilities (https://set.kuleuven.be/chemtech_nanocentreand https://www.biw.kuleuven.be/m2s/cmacs/research/membrane-technology/research-profile)