Lund University, Faculty of Engineering, LTH,
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
LTH forms the Faculty of Engineering at Lund University, with approximately 9 000 students. The research carried out at LTH is of a high international standard and we are continuously developing our teaching methods and adapting our courses to current needs.
The Center for Engineering Education at Lund University, Faculty of Engineering invites applications for a position as Senior Lecturer in Engineering Education.
The subject Engineering Education comprises studies of teaching, learning and knowledge formation in STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, architecture/design, mathematics). The subject spans educational sciences and STEAM aspects with a focus on research on education and teaching as well as the prerequisites for high-quality learning in STEAM. Higher education and subject didactics – at the first, second and third cycles – constitute the core elements of the subject.
- To develop, implement and evaluate education for doctoral students, teachers and supervisors.
- To operate and further develop systems and processes for pedagogical merit.
- To conduct and support teachers’ analysis of their practice, research and development work.
- To disseminate knowledge about teaching, learning, higher education pedagogical development work and supervision at all levels of education.
- To perform administrative tasks linked to the tasks above.
Appointment to senior lecturer requires that the applicant has:
- A PhD or corresponding research competence or professional expertise considered important with regard to the subject matter of the post and the work duties it will involve.
- Demonstrated teaching expertise.
- Completed five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning, or acquired equivalent knowledge by other means, unless there are valid reasons.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
- Experience of leading and supporting higher education pedagogical development work as well as doctoral education or supervision.
- Good ability to work consultatively in relation to academic teachers and organizations.
When assessing the applicants, special importance will be given to research and teaching expertise within the subject, where teaching expertice will be of greatest importance.
For appointments to senior lecturer, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A good national and international standing as a researcher. The requirement for international experience shall be assessed with consideration to the character and traditions of the subject.
- Good teaching ability, including a good ability to conduct, develop and lead teaching and other educational activities on different levels and using a variety of teaching methods.
- An ability to supervise doctoral students to achieve a PhD.
- An ability to collaborate with wider society and communicate his or her activities.
- A good general ability to lead and develop activities.
- National and international contact networks within higher education pedagogical development work.
- Ability to apply for and receive research funding in competition.
- Good knowledge of Swedish or other Scandinavian language, in speech and writing.
- Ability to run development projects together with students at basic and advanced level.
- Experience of quality work within the university.
- Knowledge of, and experience from the Swedish University system.
Consideration will also be given to ability to cooperate, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research, education and innovation within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English. Please draw up the application in accordance with LTH’s Academic qualifications portfolio – see link below. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system. Read more: http://www.lth.se/english/working-at-lth/to-apply-for-academic-positions-at-lth/
Who are we?
The Center for Engineering (CEE) is directly placed under LTH’s Dean. CEE’s task is to work proactively to build up teachers’ competence to develop their teaching and research supervision from a learning perspective. CEE works to stimulate teachers to a scholarly approach to teaching and learning and to contribute to an active involvement in the pedagogical discussion within LTH. CEE should work proactively and have a close dialogue with LTH’s faculty management and office, committees, departments, individual teachers, the student union, Lund University and other stakeholders.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||20.Feb.2021 11:59 PM CET|